1. Being dressed in traditional clothes "chipao" makes her look more confident and elegant when she visits foreign countries with her husband_________ First Lady of China.
D. because of
2. --Hey, Lucy. You look _________.
--Yeah, I can't go to Wuyuan with my friends for a 7-day vacation.
3. --Hey,Tom.Let's go swimming.
--Just a moment.I_________a message.
C. am sending
D. have sent
4. --When did you decide to be an English teacher?
--Let me see. I am twenty, and I_________ to be one since ten years ago.
A. have wanted
C. had been wanting
D. was wanting
5. Mrs. White, the principal, has made a great_________to the growth of the school.
6. _________ the words of English songs _________a good way to learn English.
A. Memorize ; is
B. Memorizing; is
C. Memorizing; are
D. Memorize ; are
7. The teacher did all she could_________us.
B. to help
8. --You've made a big progress,but not good enough.
--Yes, so I should try_________.
9. --Are you interested in shopping online?
--Not so much. We_________ see real products but pictures.
10. --Would you mind my sitting here sir?
--_________. It's for my wife.
A. Not at all
B. Certainly not
C. I'm afraid you can't
D. All right
11. Knowing how to think clearly and to speak correctly_________one confidence.
C. has given
D. is given
12. As large numbers of Chinese, flocked to Japan to pay thousands for toilet lids, it was a surprise to many people_________ the smart toilet lids on sale in Japan were actually made in China.
13. Teaching isn't for everyone,_________I know I made the right career choice.
14. --I think students shouldn't use mobile phones at school.
--_________. If they do so,they won' t concentrate on their studies.
A. I hope so
B. I don't think so
C. I'm afraid not
D. I agree with you
15. It was soon after the economic crisis_________sales of e-business started to grow.
16. Life is full of ups and downs, and if I can help students avoid some potholes(坑洼)on the road of life. I want to do_________.
17. A study showed that classroom management_________a teacher's early organization skills.
A. depended on
B. moved on
C. have on
D. keep on
18. --Philip has gone to New Zealand.
--Oh, can you tell me_________?
A. when did he leave
B. when he is leaving
C. when he left
D. when is he leaving
19. I might speak English fluently if I_________the chance to stay in America for some time.
A. am being given
B. will be given
C. were given
D. would be given
20. Not until yesterday_________ anything about the new English teacher.
A. have I learned
B. I learned
C. that I learned
D. did I learn